If you’re on one of the US Airline flights, you will be able to check-in normally with the united airlines website and the bonus advantage is paying for checked baggage online despite waiting in line to pay for them at the airport.
There are two ways you can pay for your checked bags before your flight.
- The first way is to pay online for your checked baggage at least 24 hours before.
- The second way is to pay on united.com for your checked bags while checking in for your flight.
How to Prepay for your checked baggage on United Airlines?
United and United Express flights offer one the benefit of prepaying for checked luggage. When you prepaid, you will save the cost of checked bags for destinations selected.
The checked-in process can be made secure by online payment before the departure of your United flight.
Once you reach the airport; you can take a print-out of bag tags at a united cubicle and fix it to your bag and then at the bag drop counter leave it to the agent.
For the heavy bags, precisely the overweight, oversized and special items, prepaying isn’t permitted.
One must pay at least 24 hours before checked baggage to receive savings.
Steps for prepaying for baggage
- Visit the united.com website and enter your contact details
- Choose the icon “Prepay baggage”
- Enter your details and confirm the information entered.
- Select the option “Payment continue”
Baggage fee paid online:
The airport team already recognizes that prepaid bags have been done. Stop at the united kiosk to check in and take a print-out of the bag tag. Attach the tag to your bag and leave it at the baggage counter with the agent.
Baggage fee at the Airport:
Pay checked bags fee at the counter or an Airport Kiosk
The agent will ask you few questions to verify that the bags don’t contain anything prohibited or dangerous.
Then he takes out the printout of the tag and attaches it to your suitcase.
Checking Web Check-in baggage:
- Add Check-in baggage: Enter all details, PNR/Booking Reference, and Last Name in the below fields.
- Select number of Luggage: Against the name of each passenger traveling with you, add the number of baggage.
- Generate Baggage tag: Your baggage will be successfully added and tags for baggage would be generated.
How much amount do you need to pay for United Airlines’ extra baggage?
United already has a strict baggage policy that requires the economy ticket passengers at the airport to ensure that no unpaid baggage gets abroad. For advance check-in, economic passengers can pay online for checked bags before their flight.
Number of Bags you can carry on United Airlines
The united airlines standard checked united airlines baggage policy allows you to carry 2 bags: The maximum dimension is 157 cm or 62 inches. 2) Maximum weight: 23 grams.
Carry-on baggage charges zero-fee:
All united passengers are allowed to carry a personal item onboard. The personal item shall be concise and fit underneath your seat. This includes items that should not exceed 9x10x17 inches. For instance, purses, small backpacks, and other mini items.
Everyone except basic economy customers can carry one bag. Carry-on bags must fall under 9x14x22 inches dimensions.
If you’re an economy passenger and bring carry-on luggage to the gate, you’ll have to pay a 25$ gate service fee for an item, plus a checked bag fee that’s applicable.
The per bag Standard baggage fees for united airlines (UA) for US domestic flights :
- One bag cost: $35.00 USD
- Two bag cost: USD 45.00
- Third/additional bag cost : $150.00 USD
- Charge for overweight baggage :
For the baggage greater than standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms, you will charge the following for US domestic Flights
- 24 to 32 kilograms or 51 to 70 pounds: USD 100.00 to USD 200 extra per bag
- 33 to 46 kilograms or 71 to 100 pounds: USD 400.00 extra per bag
- Checked baggage/hold luggage will not be accepted if the bag exceeds 46kilograms or 100 pounds
- Fees from US range /flights to range from USD 200.00 to 4000.00 USD.
- United Airlines ‘Baggage calculator’ on united.com will determine per route the exact amount.
United Airline fees for oversized baggage:
- You have to pay USD 200.00 for extra bags that are from 63 to 115 linear inches or 160 to 292 centimeters.
- Luggage heavier than 292 centimeters will not be as hold/ checked baggage.
Is it cheaper to pay for checked bags online on United Airlines?
It is advisable to pay online rather for hassle-free check-in rather than paying at the check-in counter as it will save your time and effort.
- On few select destinations, you’ll even save money on checked bags. Before you depart, make the check-in process faster and easier by online payment. If you prepay 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure, you can save some amount of money.
- Baggage tag at the airport: One can print the baggage tag at self-service or check-in kiosk at the airport and then proceed to a Bag drop desk or self-service drop desk.
- If there are no self-service or check-in kiosks at the departure airport or if you have already made online check-in, you can get baggage from the bag drop desk.
If you face any issues then you can talk to a live person at united airlines.